With NY beginning to get blanketed in snow, and with many roads already closed due to dangerous driving conditions, we have decided to keep AYNY closed for Friday morning’s class. The school will be open, however, for the Saturday led class and meditation. To all in the storm’s path, stay warm! For all in warmer weather, stay warmer 🙂
Below is the weather service’s storm warning:
Winter Storm Warning now in effect until 1 pm EST Friday.
- Locations: New York City, Northeast New Jersey and Southern Westchester County.
- Hazard types: snow and blowing snow.
- Accumulations: snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches.
- Winds: north 15 to 25 mph with occasional gusts up to 35 mph.
- Wind chills, zero to 10 below zero late tonight and Friday.
- Visibilities: one quarter mile or less at times.
- Temperatures: falling through the 20s tonight and into the teens late tonight into Friday.
- Timing: occasional light snow, becoming a steady wind driven heavy snowfall tonight into Friday morning.
- Impacts: heavy snowfall, and blowing and drifting of powdery snow tonight into Friday will create dangerous travel conditions and could impact Snow Plowing operations. Wind chills below zero could lead to frostbite or hypothermia for anyone exposed to the cold.
I think the zero to ten below zero temperature prediction is a good enough excuse to stay in…
See you soon,